The Big Bike

The Big Bike
Duane and I at the top of Emmigration Canyon, UT

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Be careful what you wish for.

You know the old adage, Be careful what you wish for...? Yeah, well after an uncommonly cool and rainy, snowy spring, I was ready for hot, summer weather. So today, leaving St. George and riding to Page, Arizona, we encountered it. I bet it was 110 degrees in that southern area today. Talk about a group of hot and sweaty HOGS! You could almost see the steam rise off the engine and the pavement! It was beautiful, though. I had never been to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon--gorgeous views! Groups of riders left this morning at various times and took various routes. We rode with about a dozen other bikes, mostly from our chapter group. Gas stations were almost comical, with all the maneuvering of those machines as we met up with other groups. I know I couldn't have done it, but I'm observing--especially the women drivers--very closely. We're here at Wahweap tonight, and will travel to Durango, CO tomorrow. I can't believe that I'm at Lake Powell without getting on a boat or going waterskiing. And the temps are perfect for that!! It was a lovely day, and my stress level has gone down considerably! And I took bunches of pictures today. We're looking forward to a great ride tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. finally I think I have this-had to register you at bogspot

    ReplyDelete
  2. have your new post-after some work needed to register your blog-this is foreign territory.Did you know Dukes dad died?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, got an email from Jody. Should be a relief for the family.

    ReplyDelete